About Your Appointment
To schedule an appointment, please call 1-800-342-5748 or 217-545-8000.
If you are a new patient to SIU Medicine, please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled time. You will be asked to verify your legal name, address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number, employment and insurance information.
You will need to bring the following with you to your appointment:
- Photo ID and insurance card including the address of your insurance company.
- Your Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (IDHFS) Card (formerly the Illinois Department of Public Aid, IDPA), if applicable.
- Listing of any prescription or over-the-counter medications you are taking, including diagnosis and frequency, if applicable.
- Worker’s compensation information, if applicable.
- Managed care referral, if applicable.
- Referral for service from insurance plan, if applicable.
Additionally, we ask that you bring your medical records, X-rays and laboratory reports, if applicable, to help your physician fully evaluate your medical history and conditions.
You will receive a reminder call from our automated appointment reminder system two days in advance of your appointment.
Canceling Your Appointment and No Show Policy
If you cannot keep your scheduled appointment, please notify us at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment.